Steps to Writing Affirmative Reminders
- Personal: Write personally (include the word “I”)
- Positive: Envision what you want (state it positively and confidently)
- Present: Write in the present tense (“I am”)
- Powerful: Use words that trigger positive emotions
- Particular: Use words that suggest consistency, regularity (“I always”)
- Precise: State specific desires and convictions
Sample Affirmative Reminders
- I feel calm and patient with those who see things differently than I do.
- I enjoy creating a warm, positive, and loving home environment.
- I feel excited when exciting people are around me.
- I use my utmost potential and feel fulfilled and happy.
- I have an excellent, free-flowing memory with clear and easy recall.
- I enjoy setting a good example for people at work and at home.
- I demonstrate my feelings of happiness by easily wearing a warm smile and sharing it with others.